Halkin Helping London Back to Work!
It has been a trying time for the UK (and the entire world) over the last 6 months and we want to help get London moving again! We’ve spent thousands renovating our offices to make them Covid secure and have spared no expense to provide a safe working environment for everyone.
Written by Matt
Our economy has never been under so much pressure and we all want to get back to some form of normality. Together, we’re building a ‘new normal’ and this means the workplace has had to adapt significantly.
The world has changed on an unprecedented scale in 2020 and understandably, we’re all worried about Covid-19, especially here in Central London.
How the workplace has been affected
Running multiple serviced office locations, we have been on the front line of businesses affected by the pandemic. Though the vast majority of our clients have been working from home, we have remained open throughout the pandemic to support our clients who do essential work.
Over the last few weeks, we have seen a gradual return, but have noticed especially in Central London, that the apprehension surrounding a return to the office is very real.
A new normal
No expense has been spared on our offices to ensure people coming into work are safe and protected. Our new measures include:
- Fever-screening equipment at the main entry point of each building to identify anyone with a high temperature in order to manage and restrict access. Thermographic turret body temperature measurement cameras automatically alert security staff when a raised temperature is detected so that they can carry out person to person checks with handheld, contactless infrared thermometers.
- Fogging following introduction of this practice by the NHS and Transport for London and its use in the battle against Covid-19 in South Korea, Halkin has invested in a super-power fogging machine to mist-spray desk and communal areas with a solution that produces a sterilised environment for up to 30 days.
- Contactless sign-in at reception via a hands-free app and foot-operated sanitiser dispensers at entrances.
- A video guide to social distancing in lifts, stairs and office areas and circulation maps that set out safe distance walkways on every office floor.
Contactless visitor sign-in
We have contactless visitor sign-in, so visitors can enter the building and navigate to their office without touching anything. This uses QR code technology, so simply scan the code with your mobile phone and complete the sign-in process.
- Scan the QR code using your phone camera or QR reader app
- Follow the link to complete sign-in details
- We will notify your host. Please take a seat.
We use fever screening at the main entry point of each building to identify anyone with a high temperature in order to manage and restrict access. Thermographic turret body temperature measurement cameras automatically alert security staff when a raised temperature is detected so that they can carry out person to person checks with handheld, contactless infrared thermometers.
- Measure object’s temperature at a high accuracy in real time.
- Capable to discover and track people with higher body temperature among crowded public areas
- Widely used in places such as customs, airport, school and hospital for inspection and quarantine.
We have hand sanitiser stations throughout our buildings. Using hand sanitiser reduces microbial counts and kills harmful germs that could infect workers with not just Covid, but also the flu and other viruses. In order to keep the workplace a healthy and thriving environment, it’s critical we sanitise our hands as often as possible.
Social distancing will remain and we’ve created a series of videos and virtual tours to help workers with these new measures. There is no price on the value of safety and as we adjust to our new environment, we can move freely around our offices without any harm to ourselves or others.
Floorplans and signage
To ensure social distancing is maintained in a safe, secure and organised manner, we have floor plans available to accompany our virtual tour videos.
Social distancing signage is prominent throughout corridors and public areas to ensure safe passage for all employees and visitors.
Fog spraying desks
Halkin has invested in a super-power fogging machine to mist-spray desks and communal areas with a solution that produces a sterilised environment for up to 30 days. Fog spraying is used with Viro-Kill, a ready to use specialised amphoteric biocidal bactericidal killer, which will destroy 99.99% of harmful airborne bacteria and infectious organisms.
- Viro Kill conforms to: BS EN 14476 – BS EN 1276
- Fog spraying has a reach of 8-10 metres
- It can be used on all surfaces including soft furnishings where bacteria growth can rapidly.
What our customers think
With all the new guidelines in place, it’s quite a change to the way we all have to work. However, feedback has been positive from our customers that the measures we have put in place have allowed them to work with peace of mind and focus on getting back to doing what they do best:
‘The protective measures are thoughtful, sensible, and appropriate.’
Matthew Healey of Pace Flow Assurance
‘Halkin has put great systems in place to tackle COVID from rigorous cleaning to Sanitising station to one way system to meet Government guidelines. Great serviced office provider where Class meets in style and Safety.’
Ashish Jain of Maxgain Investments
‘I can understand why people in London may be feeling nervous about a return to the office. It will be a big change after months of working from home during lockdown. While 100% no risk isn’t a guarantee anyone can promise at the moment, I’ve been confident that Halkin are doing all they can to support us.’
Darren Adler of First Responder Disaster Relief Agency, Humanitarian Operations
VR Virtual Tour