Halkin’s Guide to Mayfair: A Timeless Reputation for Luxury
Halkin’s Guide to Mayfair: A Timeless Reputation for Luxury
Mayfair, London’s iconic luxury enclave, holds an enduring reputation for elegance, history and exclusivity. Home to an exceptional blend of Michelin-starred eateries, upscale hotels and refined retail destinations, the district also represents the pinnacle of business prestige, particularly for those in the finance industry.
We’re proud to offer our clients a place in Mayfair’s cosmopolitan commercial scene with two luxury workspaces: 13 and 14 Hanover Square. Unparalleled work-life balance and connectivity inform every smart workspace in our portfolio, and Mayfair is no exception.
Below, we delve deeper into our guide to Halkin’s Mayfair, and what makes it an incredible place to work, dine and explore.
A Celebrated Culinary Tapestry
For those with a discerning taste for the best business dining experiences, Mayfair represents the creme de la creme, boasting over 232 restaurants. With world-renowned eateries at every turn, the neighbourhood stands as a testament to gastronomic innovation, marrying superior ingredients with masterful culinary craftsmanship.
Whether it’s a power lunch or a celebratory post-work dinner, Mayfair’s haute culinary scene is poised to impress, and our Hanover Square offices are the perfect springboard for wining and dining clients, business partners, or your friends and family.
Some of our top picks include:
- Muse, Belgravia: Housed in an iconic Georgian townhouse, Muse was established in 2020 by acclaimed chef Tom Aikens and has quickly become one of Belgravia’s most revered fine-dining establishments. Awarded a Michelin star within a year of opening, the restaurant is an impressive way to entertain important clients.
- HUMO: Headed up by Colombian-born chef Miller Prada, HUMO is one of Mayfair’s most unique culinary offerings. Every dish served centres wood-fired cooking, with a four-metre-long grill taking pride of place in the restaurant’s kitchens.
- Saltie Girl: A more laid-back option for a relaxed business meal, Saltie Girl excels at seafood: lobster, caviar and tuna tartare are the catch of the day, every day. With characterful, lively decor, it’s a winning spot for a celebratory meal with colleagues.
- Socca: Hailing from Lyon, chef Claude Bosi celebrates southern French cuisine at Socca, an elegant, upscale bistro on Audley Street. A secluded oasis, the bistro exudes Provençal charm blended with Mayfair’s characteristic sophistication and glamour.
Spaces to Recharge and Energise
At Halkin, we aim to help you provide work-life balance for yourself and your employees. As well as offering a premium business community and a prestigious address, Mayfair has around 10 gyms and fitness centres, helping our Hanover Square clients to fit health and well-being into their busy schedules.
Some of our recommendations for Mayfair’s exceptional health clubs include:
- Sled track and Eleiko strength area
- Himalayan sea salt walled sauna
- HIIT studio
- Intelligent cycling area
- Cardio area
- Personal training
- Studio pilates
- XLift zone
Luxury Stays for Out-of-Towners
Mayfair's reputation for elegance extends beyond its restaurants. Its upscale hotel scene mirrors the district’s permeating grandeur, where the combination of appealing Georgian facades, world-famed hospitality and welcoming interiors make for an impeccable overnight stay.
If you regularly host visitors from out of town, the central location of our Mayfair offices can help to ease your search for a place to stay.
Some of our premium picks are:
- The Connaught: A masterclass in five-star refinement, The Connaught is a jewel in Mayfair’s hospitality crown. With slick service from experienced butlers and carefully considered decor that blends heritage with modernity, guests are treated to a world-class stopover.
- Claridge’s: A name synonymous with sophistication and elegance, Claridge’s has been a Mayfair institution since the 1920s. With its star-studded guestbook, the art-deco hotel is as accommodating as it is iconic, with spacious suites and impeccable service.
- The May Fair Hotel: The eponymous May Fair Hotel is one of the locale’s premium overnight spots, located just a 12-minute walk from Hanover Square. Housing a popular restaurant and bar as well as spacious rooms and suites, this is a winning spot for hosting clients.
- The Ritz London: Another of Mayfair’s influential hotels is The Ritz London, known globally for its five-star service. Quintessentially English, guests will enjoy the delicate decor, sumptuous food and expert hospitality to rival the world’s greatest.
The City Within Reach
Well-served by public transport, our Mayfair workspaces offer convenience as well as cachet. With the nearest tube stations, Oxford Circus and Bond Street, just a three or five-minute walk away respectively, and the bustling central hub of Piccadilly Circus only 12 minutes down the road, networking events and major financial institutions are easily accessible from Hanover Square.
Major transport hubs like Victoria and Paddington Station are also nearby, taking approximately 30 minutes to reach when walking and less when you hop in one of Mayfair’s many taxis, making it easy to visit from across the UK.
For international business travel, Heathrow, City and Gatwick Airport are just a short distance away via car or train, bridging the gap between your business and the rest of the world.
Treasured Landmarks and Refined Retail
Beyond its reputation as a prestigious business hub, Mayfair is host to cultural landmarks, fascinating heritage and boutique retail. Whether showcasing the local area or picking up some last-minute gifts for friends and family, all of our Hanover Square clients benefit from easy access to premium Mayfair destinations.
Some of the landmarks and attractions just a stone’s throw from our Mayfair offices include:
- Green Spaces: Get headspace in some of London’s best parks including Green Park, Hyde Park, Grosvenor Square and Mount Street Gardens.
- Historical Landmarks: Across Mayfair, you’ll find iconic landmarks like Buckingham Palace, Spencer House and the Royal Academy of Arts.
- Art Galleries and Museums: Mayfair is a cultural haven with galleries and museums including Halcyon Gallery, Gagosian Gallery and Handel & Hendrix Museum.
- High-end Retail: Some of London’s most luxurious retail areas can be found nearby on Bond Street and Saville Row, with Oxford Circus just a short walk away.
Discover Mayfair With Premium Halkin Workspaces
Mayfair provides an inspiring backdrop for businesses in industries such as finance and wealth management. Our design-led office buildings are your gateway to the luxury and prestige of a Mayfair address, as well as exceptional work-life balance for your employees.
We offer a range of flexible solutions to support your business. From virtual memberships to fully-managed offices, our distinctive 13 and 14 Hanover Square offices provide a contemporary, well-equipped workspace with tailored services baked into your contract, from professional cleaning to dedicated IT support.
You can contact our specialists to find out more about our offices, and to receive offers and news, sign up on our website today.